- Use the edge of a track cleaning rubber to clean loco wheels.
Cleaning wheels - (Especially for newcomers)
- Do NOT use abrasives such as steel wool or sandpaper to clean wheels.
- Most top quality locos are lubricated sufficiently when they are assembled. Ninety nine times out of a hundred, if treated with respect, a model will never need lubrication again.
- Be very sparing with lubrication of a model, and preferably let an expert decide whether any lubrication is required, and then let the expert do it.
- Remember, if not done correctly, lubrication is a magnet for dust and grime, which turns into an excellent grinding paste that WILL shorten the life of the loco.